Screen shot of my desktop will not load into this post. Tried about a dozen times; no go. Anyway:
Did you know you can:
Quickly change the size of your icons?
• Right click on an empty space on the Windows 10 desktop.
• Select “View.”
• Choose your size preference.
Place shortcut icons for documents, spreadsheets, and other files you’ve created onto your desktop?
• Click Start or go to File Manager.
• Choose Documents.
• Browse for the document or file you want to make a desktop shortcut.
• Right-click the name of the document, point to Send To, then click Desktop (Create shortcut).
• A shortcut for that document or file will then appear on your desktop.
You can put things in your Start Menu so that some programs will be quickly ready to go when you choose their icons?
• Go to your start menu.
• Pick anything there you want to be able to get quickly from your desktop.
• Choose pin to start menu. (I admit, this doesn’t always work for me, and I have no idea why. I think it mainly happens with programs that are not Windows programs.)
Do you know what the Task Manager can do for you and how to locate it?
• Right click on your icon toolbar.
• Choose Task Manager.
• Highlight a program you want to stop running because it hung up.
• Click on End Task.
Do you know how to uninstall programs you don’t use, especially those that do something annoying such as using pop-ups to tell you something “needed” to update them or whatever?
• Go to your Start menu.
• Type in Uninstall in the search bar.
• Pick the program you want to use. (I put an icon for this function up on my desktop so I don’t have to go through all this each time)
• Highlight the program you want to uninstall and allow the proram to do so.
Do you know that “right clicking” on things (icons, toolbars, the desktop itself) brings up menus that allow you to pick or change things so they’ll work better for you?
There are so many options, I suggest your try this yourself, especially when you want to do something in particular, but are not sure how to make it happen.
I hope this is helpful!