Who knew? Who knew there was a month dedicated to time management? It makes sense to have it in the second month of the year because this is the time those wonderful resolutions begin to weaken.
How was your January? Did you make some plans on how to spend your time to reach your goals for the year?
Here’s a quick recap on how best to manage your time.
- List your goals.
- Order the goals in importance, giving them A, B, C, and D ratings.
- Plan to do your most important goals early is the day unless you’re a night person. Otherwise, plan your evening hours.
- If you complete your A goals, move to B, then C. Decide if you really, really need to do most of the C and D ones.
- If you have a sit-down job, resolve to get out of the chair at least every hour and move around for about ten minutes. If you stand a lot, take some sitting breaks regularly during the day.
- Keep track of your time. You need to know how long things take in order to do a good job of planning in the future.
- At the end of the day, pat yourself on the back when you accomplish all your A goals, put your feet up and read a good book. Or watch TV if you absolutely have to. <grin>
And basically, that’s it. My job is now done. But most likely I’ll be back with more tips as the year goes by. You are warned.